Thursday, April 11, 2013

Eulogy of a Garden Tool

Some may have called you a Cultivator (at least that's what Google tells me your name was), but to me...you were so much more.
We've come a long long way together,
Through the hard times and the good,
I have have to celebrate you baby,
I have to praise you like I should
 
I will remember you, will you remember me?
 
I will never forget you, rural juror.
I'll always be glad I met you, rural juror.
 
Two roads diverged in a garden, because the middle one got destroyed.
 
You fought the good fight against the black clods some people call dirt out here.
Whenever I needed to loosen my top soil and nestle in seeds to grow another day,
you were there.
You have served faithfully, my friend. Rest now.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I truly appreciate the insertion of a 30 Rock quote in there. Always necessary.

    ReplyDelete