Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Mmmm.....Smells Like Leather

My birthday was a couple weeks ago now, but I'm still opening presents!  My mom came to celebrate with me last weekend and took me boot shopping on behalf of the whole family.  I'm not sure she knew what she had signed up for.  I love most every boot.  I love the simple Justins to the ornate Old Gringo's, tall vintage boots, those with fringe...picking out my new pair was going to be a difficult choice.  I love it all, but am crazy picky.  After much deliberation, walking back and forth, meditation, and helpless puppy dog glances at my mom...
I choose....
these beautiful bluebird Dan Post boots.  We ordered a special pair because those in the store were stained just so (I told you I was picky) and they arrived in the mail today!  My face lit up and I was like a toddler opening the illustrious tickle-me-Elmo at Christmas...much to my co-workers amusement.  They smell delicious!  That new boot smell is better than anything else.  Breathe it in.....mmm....sweet sweet leather.  Now I need a plethora of excuses to show them off and break them in.  This will probably include, but is not limited to - boot scootin' at the Broken Spoke, Gruene Hall, antique weekend in Warrenton isn't far away, maybe we'll just have to have another barn dance at the family farm.
These boots are ready to see the world - where would you take them?

No comments:

Post a Comment